- People Like Gifts: Wouldn’t you be happy to have your customers actually thank you for your marketing? Unlike a flyer, banner ad on a website or mobile message, branded merchandise has a physical presence and value. Promotional items are not thrown away, but often regarded as a gift. Their value and usefulness will keep them on your customers desk, in their purse, on their keychain… and that keeps your brand refreshed in their mind each time they see it. When you become part of a person’s daily life in that small way, you are more connected to them than a competitor.
- Brand, Brand, Brand: promotional products generate brand awareness and exposure. When you choose a relevant and useful product that ties in with your marketing campaign, you reinforce your message in a way that a throwaway ad message never can. Whether the item is used at home, at work, or kept in the car, your recognizable name and message stay there as well. No website or ad message can match that.
- Low Cost: when you order promotional products, you receive a price per piece far lower than the usual retail cost. Some items are very inexpensive, and others more high end. Test the waters with a low cost item, or reward valuable customers with a keepsake item for the holidays… all branded with your logo, contact information and message. When the product is something that will be used in public – such as an umbrella, sports equipment or iPad case– you get even more value for your marketing dollar as your logo is seen by others on a product they would also use.
- Distribute by Mail, Trade Shows, In-House, on Sales Calls… : the options for making a good impression by gifting promotional products are many! Keep them at point of purchase location, or arm your sales force with more specialized products for prospects. The ubiquity of promo products at each and every booth in trade shows speaks loudly of their success. And don’t forget direct mail – many lightweight and flat items (think magnets, screen protectors, seed packets, calendars ) are easy inserts into bulk mail, and your printer can work with you to find the most cost effective way to distribute other items safely to the hands of your targeted clients.
- Get Creative with Campaigns: with such a diverse selection of products to choose from, you have a great oppportunity to get creative. Work out a tagline that makes sense with the product and work it into your larger marketing campaign. A quick example: if you run an insurance business, you could give away branded rain ponchos or umbrellas with the tagline: “We’ve got you covered.” If you want to emphasize the your company’s environmental commitment, think about seed packets, herb garden starter kits, or products made from recyclable materials. You get the idea… get creative.
In a time of increasingly digital interaction, never underestimate the value of good, old fashioned tangible, physical marketing: print, direct mail, promotional products, signage, embroidery/screenprinting. Perhaps because of the hype and excitement over the digital revolution in progress around us daily, we jump to a conclusion that print or more traditional communications are no longer effective. That is a marketing mistake.
Multichannel and/or cross channel marketing is truly a no-brainer. Why not utilize multiple channels in various strategies to reap the most benefits from your marketing budget? Along with your website, mobile apps and social media, configure a direct mail campaign and promotional product giveaway to drive home your message. Join virtual with the actual. Digital and Tangible.
Here are a few convincing facts on integrated marketing:
- 45% of consumers over the age of 65 have no internet access in their homes. If seniors are in your target market, you must look beyond online contact.
- 92% of millennials say direct mail – not email or online marketing – has the most influence when making store choices
- the physicality of print, signage or promotional items impacts consumers in a way digital communication cannot replicate.
- the response rate of direct mail is 10–30x that of email.
- promotional products are often perceived as gifts, which they are, and tend to be held onto longer. The more useful or unique, the more they are valued and continue to represent your brand. Also as the world becomes more digital, the more a physical promotion stands out from the crowd.
ImageSmith is proud to be a printer in an exciting era of digital communication. Your printer should be able to provide you with the latest information, inspiration, technical advice, and innovative ideas for communicating your message through print, design and typography, signage, apparel, variable data printing and direct mail, integrated marketing and environmental responsible printing. They should also be able to work with you to solve any difficult prepress issues with your files. If they can’t, you have the wrong printer! The best advice, always, is to ASK YOUR PRINTER!
Call us at 828.684.4512. ImageSmith is a full-service print and marketing provider located in Arden, North Carolina. Contact us at ImageSmith for quotes on all your print and marketing projects, and more useful tips on how to create custom, effective, high impact marketing solutions.