- People Like Gifts: Wouldn’t you be happy to have your customers actually thank you for your marketing? Unlike a flyer, banner ad on a website or mobile message, branded merchandise has a physical presence and value. Promotional items are not thrown away, but often regarded as a gift. Their value and usefulness will keep them on your customers desk, in their purse, on their keychain… and that keeps your brand refreshed in their mind each time they see it. When you become part of a person’s daily life in that small way, you are more connected to them than a competitor.
- Brand, Brand, Brand: promotional products generate brand awareness and exposure. When you choose a relevant and useful product that ties in with your marketing campaign, you reinforce your message in a way that a throwaway ad message never can. Whether the item is used at home, at work, or kept in the car, your recognizable name and message stay there as well. No website or ad message can match that.
- Low Cost: when you order promotional products, you receive a price per piece far lower than the usual retail cost. Some items are very inexpensive, and others more high end. Test the waters with a low cost item, or reward valuable customers with a keepsake item for the holidays… all branded with your logo, contact information and message. When the product is something that will be used in public – such as an umbrella, sports equipment or iPad case– you get even more value for your marketing dollar as your logo is seen by others on a product they would also use.
- Distribute by Mail, Trade Shows, In-House, on Sales Calls… : the options for making a good impression by gifting promotional products are many! Keep them at point of purchase location, or arm your sales force with more specialized products for prospects. The ubiquity of promo products at each and every booth in trade shows speaks loudly of their success. And don’t forget direct mail – many lightweight and flat items (think magnets, screen protectors, seed packets, calendars ) are easy inserts into bulk mail, and your printer can work with you to find the most cost effective way to distribute other items safely to the hands of your targeted clients.
- Get Creative with Campaigns: with such a diverse selection of products to choose from, you have a great oppportunity to get creative. Work out a tagline that makes sense with the product and work it into your larger marketing campaign. A quick example: if you run an insurance business, you could give away branded rain ponchos or umbrellas with the tagline: “We’ve got you covered.” If you want to emphasize the your company’s environmental commitment, think about seed packets, herb garden starter kits, or products made from recyclable materials. You get the idea… get creative.
Promotional Products: When Customers Thank YOU for Marketing
Promo products are powerful tools that you need in your marketing arsenal right alongside print, web, and social media. The options available today really are phenomenal – and go way beyond tote bags and ink pens. Think USB drives, sunglasses, snacks, sports equipment, tools, watches…. finding ones that are a unique fit with your service, product, or campaign can be fun and creative. But what makes promotional products stand out as a marketing winner? Putting a physical gift that is both useful and attractive into someone’s hands can go a long way in keeping your brand recognized and relevant in their mind. Digital marketing can’t do that. The more useful or desirable the items are, the longer they stick around – much longer than standard print or direct mail. Consider all these characteristics that make your logo and contact info on a useful item so effective: